Deck Repair in Silver Spring
Deck Repairs Big and Small
Decks are a great place to entertain your friends and family, but you’ll want to make sure that you take care of it so it lasts for years to come. Unfortunately, no matter how well your deck was built, or how well you take care of it, it will eventually start to show signs of wear and tear. How quickly those signs show, comes down to how well you maintain the overall health of your deck. So no matter if your deck needs repairs from a few touch-ups to severe damage in the Silver Spring area, DeckMaster can help!
If left unattended, your wooden boards may begin to rot, crack, or loosen, and while this might seem like a small issue, they can become a serious safety hazard if not repaired and maintained properly. Some of the more common deck repairs we see include replacing or reinforcing these weakened boards and railings, as well as strengthening the structural supports. When it comes to damaged decks, we’ve seen it all and are prepared for the next best steps. All of our technicians are licensed and insured to complete deck repairs in the Silver Spring area, so they know that in some cases, it might be best to build a new deck or resurface it rather than try to salvage what you already have. Resurfacing your deck includes using the current supports and replacing the current boards with new composite Trex boards or another wooden material. No matter what is best for your deck, you can feel confident that your deck is in good hands with DeckMaster, especially with our price match guarantee. We’ll make your deck look like it did when it was first built – or even better!
Just like a vehicle, a deck requires special care in order to keep it looking nice year after year. There are a lot of things you can do to preserve your deck’s finish and keep your deck looking like new. Here are some deck maintenance tips:
- Sweep decks often, especially if there are trees around the deck.
- Hose wood down when dirt accumulates, however DON’T PRESSURE WASH!
- Don’t let dirt or particles build up in between the wood slots. This keeps water from draining, which can lead to water damage.
- If there’s a barbecue grill on your deck, clean up grease, oil and ash spills immediately to prevent damage to the finish.
- Don’t let snow sit on the deck for many days.
- Scrub down deck at least twice a year to remove clinging dirt and decaying matter.
- Under any circumstances, never use bleach or any chemicals to wash your deck as it may damage finish.
- And most importantly, schedule a maintenance cleaning and reconditioning with DeckMaster™ every 2-4 years. This time span will depend on the type of finish used to prevent your wood from suffering permanent damage.